Skip to main content

My Green Apple Pie

Crestfallen now in every way
I reminiscence all the good old days
All the people came here by
Looking ahead to my green apple pie

Too far had my opulence grew

Encumbered was my fame among Hebrews
Even the King was insatiable for my pie
No wonder edifice of my pride was high

Inebriated of my impudence, I, 

Lost my prolificacy to make pie
Everyone forgot zeitgeist of my atelier
My lack of humility brought me failure

Humility brings one reverence from all

Hitherto unaware of its alchemy was I 
Realizing now I make my green apple pie
With more humility for those whose come by

                                                                                © 2016 VIREN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In The Shadow Of Tyranny

In light of the philosophy that this video propounds, Indian independence struggle against British imperialism is a testimony of how mass civil disobedience (1930) can make an invincible tyrant kneel down. Nonviolent civil disobedience throughout India was a wake-up call for British raj. It realised that once the conscience of 'enslaved' gets awakened, it cannot be thwarted for long. For today's society, 'Brave New World' by Aldous Huxley gives a great insight into how when your conscience finds its' voice, solace comes in seeking the answers to the questions that hitherto you were oblivious to. I personally feel that many wouldn't want to awaken their inner-voice, for many 'ignorance is bliss'. It would be cruel to subject an unprepared mind to existential realities, nature has its own ways of doing that. We as mortals should limit ourselves to our own search, not make it a personal agenda to awaken everyone, that would be equivalent to a tyrant/e...

SITA-RAMAM

  I don’t remember when it happened but somewhere and at some point in time, I stopped believing in love stories. It so happened that once the idea of true love went missing in my heart, I started to drift away and got lost in the market of cheap entertainment, it was instant gratifications that robbed me of the opportunities of waiting with dignity for real love. Words came easy to me once when describing any piece of art, literature, or music that moved me. I used to find my innocence when I found stories that were so beautifully unreal that they seemed divine. But lately, love stories appeared cornier and cornier and the stories became so predictable that even if I watch a love story (which I generally avoid), it fails to move me. Today, after watching the late-night show of Sita-Ramam, I feel I have found that old believer in me. I am glad he is still there, believing in the idea of magical love. This film was so complete in experience that it will remain with me. Sita-Ramam is...

Bomarillu - A film that will remain with me for a long time

 # Bomarillu A few months ago my cousin elder brother who is 10 years older suggested me to watch a telugu film with a weird name, 'Bomarillu'. The suggestion was heard and then forgotten. But one random day I came across Genelia Deshmukh's instagram video and suddenly the name flashed in my mind so I googled it. On discovering that it has 8.2 imdb rating, I instantly grew a strong desire to watch this film. I downloaded this cinema and from here on now I'll just pour in my emotions of how much I have loved this film This is simply a beautiful, magical film. To describe it in words would be to devoid it of its' magic. The cast is cute and both the lead just grows on you to the point that you fall in love with them. Genelia, a typical bollywood watcher would agree, had her moments with films like 'Jane Tu Ya Jane Na' and 'Tere Naal Love Ho Gya'. Any guy would be drawn to her by her cuteness and she has a very fresh and happy personality that never fai...